Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful Thursday #22

Wow. It has already been a week. It seems to have flown by, I guess a stressful week can do that.

Last weekend was a 3 day weekend for Memorial Day. I am thankful to all the men and women who have willinging laid down their lives for my freedom.

I had a great day last Sunday. A friend and I went to see a movie - Alice in Wonderland (it was ok. I'm not a big Tim Burton fan) and then she treated be to dinner at a local Italian restaurant. The tortelinni and grilled chicken sausage was wonderful. YUM. I want some more NOW. And then we went downtown for frozen yogurt and people watching.

After my mini-break down on Monday (at least it was a good cry), the week was kind of up and down. I think the storm has passed. I sure hope so any ways.

I am so glad that I have gotten back into the pool. It is an hour where I can let go of all the stress and just focus on the stroke. I am physically tired after my workouts, which is nice compared to the emotional weariness I have been experiencing lately.

Tonight I swam extra hard (by the time I got out of the pool I didn't think my arms were attached to my body anymore), but I knew it was bath night. I soaked for 45 minutes in a tub of hot water and espom salt. It was lovely. I made it a little more special by munching on havarti cheese and wheat thins. I also watched a bit of mindless television while I lounged.

Now I am throughly relaxed and ready for bed. Thankfully tomorrow is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment